Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:45:57 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The certificates are issued by or traceable to some certificate
authority such as Verisign. You wouldn't normally use them with a
mail list. Even if you did, it's not something that appears in the
message. If you receive a signed message, you'd see an icon, at the
bottom of your email app, that indicates it is a signed message. I
have signed this message¹, so you can see what it looks like. Having
received my public certificate, you are now able to send me an
encrypted email

1. Assuming it makes it through the mail list.

It did, although Thunderbird doesn't show it prominently. There is no
key icon at the bottom, but a closed envelop with a sealing wax
(spot?) at the top.

Yes, that indicates that the signature was valid. If the envelope is
red, it is invalid. When you click on it, you'll find out why.

PGP signed posts get a green bar the width of the email window.

I guess the Mozilla guys have their own preferences :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.7°C)