[opensuse] That's it for thunderbird - NOT!
Carlos E. R. said the following on 07/07/2012 07:28 PM:

You will have to. Thunderbird has just announced they stop
development, go use webmail instead.

Oh?

http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/so-thats-it-for-thunderbird/
<quote>
Mozilla is not “stopping” Thunderbird development, it has just decided
that: “continued innovation on Thunderbird is not the best use of our
resources given our ambitious organizational goals.”
</quote>

Given that Thunderbird has gone though a spate of 'releases' recently,
some stability and 'fixes' are going to be welcomed by many people

<quote>
We’re not “stopping” Thunderbird, but proposing we adapt the
Thunderbird release and governance model in a way that allows both
ongoing security and stability maintenance, as well as
community-driven innovation and development for the product.
</quote>

So, the pressure is on for mobile development and innovation rather
than desktop innovation.

That's a long way from Thunderbird being discontinued.

--
When languishing for solutions, don't ask "Have I got the correct answer?"
The correct question is "Have I got the correct question?"