Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...

On 2012-07-07 23:06, Frans de Boer wrote:
On 07/07/2012 10:42 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Yes Carlos, finally a good comment.

Thanks :-)

@fanatics: email is nowadays in many forms. If it is delivered via
SMTP, it's email, no matter the content! Nowhere in the specs it is
stated that it must be text only. It can't be because of UTF
formatting too. If feel that only xenophobes and/or fossils want 7-bit
ASCII.

It is just another available technology.

However, every list has the right to it's own quirks. Not to your
liking? ask nicely or quit using the list.

Absolutely!

And using offensive signatures is a sure way to get blocked from lists
or banned by its users. Except for social media, stick to the point
otherwise and let politics out of these none political lists.

That too.

Although signatures should be mostly ignored regarding rules, I consider
them as irrelevant to the message, a place where people can express
whatever they want as long as it is short. At most, respond with another
signature, equally short :-)

Otherwise, the rules of the list should state what is allowed on the
signatures - and AFAIR they say nothing:

<http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette#Signatures>

Signatures

Signatures in emails should be not longer then 4 lines long.

Information: McQuary Limit

Thus, if the rules say nothing, we can not complain about any signature
except on the size.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)