Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012/07/06 15:06 (GMT+0200) James Hatridge composed:

Is it not about time for this mailing list to come in to the 21th century?
This is the ONLY email list that I have to turn off HTML formatting to send a
post to....
Personally I'm sick of always having to send posts twice. How about fixing
this.

It isn't broken. "HTML email" isn't email, it's web pages and all their
associated wasteful and annoying overhead delivered via smtp. Those things
arriving here via filtering are diverted into my bit bucket unread. When I
want to view a web page,
I'll open it in a web browser, not an email app.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

People who send out email in HTML are just plain fucking rude.

It's like someone who sends out postcards, but packs the postcard
in a large box, full of bricks, and then sends it as First Class,
COLLECT ON DELIVERY (i.e. recipient pays the cost of shipping).

Screw that. People sending out postcards should learn how to
mail a postcard -- including James Hatridge.

http://fm.no-ip.com/Inet/htmlemail.html explains more.