Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
On Friday, July 06, 2012 08:28:01 AM James Hatridge wrote:
Hi Per,

On Friday, July 06, 2012 03:32:19 PM Per Jessen wrote:
James Hatridge wrote:
Hi all,

Is it not about time for this mailing list to come in to the 21th
century? This is the ONLY email list that I have to turn off HTML

formatting to send a post to. Everytime I forget it I get this:
Depending on which emailer you're using, you ought to store that as a
preference of the email-address (of the list). Thunderbird has such an
option.

So far you're the only one to give a real answer to this, thanks for that.
Do you know if kmail has this option? I've not been able to find it. But
this still bring us back to the first question. Why does this list not
keep up with the times. Ten years ago, when almost no one had anything
faster than 56k then it was understandable. But now even someone one out
in the middle of no where Germany has at least DSL 2000 so this rule is
silly. I'm on over 60 lists and am the owner of 4. This is the only list I
have this problem with.

JIM
I disagree. I could care less about pretty. That's all that HTML brings to the
stage. Content is much more important. html gets sent right to the bit bucket.

Mike