Re: Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:35:58 +0200
James Hatridge wrote:

Hi Per,

On Friday, July 06, 2012 03:32:19 PM Per Jessen wrote:
James Hatridge wrote:
Hi all,

Is it not about time for this mailing list to come in to the 21th
century? This is the ONLY email list that I have to turn off HTML

formatting to send a post to. Everytime I forget it I get this:
Depending on which emailer you're using, you ought to store that as a
preference of the email-address (of the list). Thunderbird has such
an option.

So far you're the only one to give a real answer to this, thanks for
that. Do you know if kmail has this option? I've not been able to find
it.

Hi Jim

I did notice later that you're using kmail, but I don't know if kmail
has that option. It really should be an option in the address book.

But this still bring us back to the first question. Why does this
list not keep up with the times. Ten years ago, when almost no one had
anything faster than 56k then it was understandable. But now even
someone one out in the middle of no where Germany has at least DSL
2000 so this rule is silly. I'm on over 60 lists and am the owner of
4. This is the only list I have this problem with.

I would tend to agree that banning HTML _is_ silly, but it's not
something I feel strongly about either way. I never use HTML for
personal mail.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.0°C)