Re: [opensuse] bind DNS: forwarders not working unless named is restarted
On 03/07/12 12:11, Per Jessen wrote:
lynn wrote:

On 03/07/12 11:01, Ruediger Meier wrote:
On Monday 02 July 2012, lynn wrote:

If bind _genuinely_ requires the network to be up to complete start-up
but doesn't wait for the network, yes, that is a bug. The fix would
appear to be to amend <something> in the systemd service file to make
bind wait for the network to be started.

Hi
Two of the forwarders point to our ISP's DNS servers. No one can browse until I have restarted named. I can reproduce this on both DC's. I don't know enough about systemd to be able to tell at what stage the network is started but the init script states that network is required:
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: named
# Required-Start: $network $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop: $network $remote_fs $syslog
# Should-Start: ldap
# Should-Stop: ldap
# Default-Start: 3 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 2 6
# Short-Description: Domain Name System (DNS) server, named
# Domain Name System (DNS) server named.
### END INIT INFO

L x