Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird 13.0, in 12.1 broken.
On 03/07/12 15:51, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 03.07.2012 06:31, schrieb Basil Chupin:
On 03/07/12 08:31, Adam Sailer wrote:
You're not really responding to my suggestion. I really don't care if
it was
a fresh install :-) . The problem is NOW, after the install and,
presumably,
after updates/upgrades to files were put thru since the OS was installed.

So, do the "new profile" waltz and let's see if the problem still
persists
:-) .

BC

Using a new profile didn't work for me; Disabling TestPilot and
TrackerBird
did =)

Thank you,
Whoa! :-)

By creating a new profile you start as a new user with no add-ons in
your Thunderbird. It's the same as starting TB (or FF) in safe-mode.
Not in that case though.
TestPilot is shipped from TB itself and TrackerBird is installed by
openSUSE in a system-wide way. So a new profile will get these addons
immediately. So it's different to -safe-mode.

And TrackerBird seems to be completely broken as more and more reports
on that list are saying that removing/disabling it fixes the issues :-(

Thanks for this information Wolfgang. I didn't know about TestPilot (nor Tracker[Bird]).

I have just looked in my list of Add-ons for TB and did find TestPilot there, and it is Enabled. However, I have had no hassles with TB, as I already mentioned, so TestPilot is certainly not affecting me (and I do switch between TB v13 and the Daily v16).

I looked for what you call TrackerBird, which you say is installed by openSUSE, but all I can see in the list of software is something simply called Tracker - is this the same as the app you are referring to? In any case, this Tracker is NOT installed on my system.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 and kernel 3.4.4 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor