Re: [opensuse] 15 partition limit on SATA drives
On 2012/03/30 00:23 (GMT-0400) Joe Zien composed:

I am using suse 12.1 on a new ThinkCenter 64bit computer
with an Intel core i5 processor and a 250GB SATA drive.
I can only use 15 partitions, over 65GB unused.

Also have an old ThinkCenter 32bit pentium 4 comp with a 1TB SATA
drive and only 15 drives, over 600GB unused.

What is the best way to overcome this limitation?

What partitioning tool are you trying to use? The 15 partition limit died something like two years ago. I'm using more than 15 partitions on all of my SATA systems. The openSUSE installers see them all.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/