Re: [opensuse] Gnome 3.4, Libreoffice 3.5 in openSUSE?
  • From: Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 00:33:48 +0200
On 03/29/2012 11:10 PM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 06:16:04PM +0200, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:

I am curious when will Gnome 3.4 will be available for openSUSE?

As soon as you branched the current version and contribute to changes
back to lift it to 3.4. ;)

I wish I could. I am a journalist/writer who happen to use Linux. I do contribute by spreading the word and helping users in migrating to Linux.

:-)

Didn't you raised the same question before? And there had been answers.
IIRC the people working on this could need some help. See
http://lists.openSUSE.org/opensuse/2012-02/msg00772.html

Yes. I did. It said that it may be available in 3 weeks. It's more than one and half month now and I was just checking. I wrote articles about openSUSE (especially one where I mentioned why I switched from Ubuntu to openSUSE) but I got a lot of mails about my remark on latest packages. LO 3.5 has some nice features such as Grammar check. Windows/Mac users can just grab the latest version and install. Linux users have to wait until its in repos (I am talking about average users). So, a lot of users asked how do I recommend openSUSE over Ubuntu when they get latest packages. I did not have any answer.

I do understand the resource crunch and by writing more about openSUSE I hope the user/contributor base will increase.

I appreciate your time and effort in helping out users like me, who in return can't be of much help, at least from development point of view :-)

Thanks
Swapnil