Re: [opensuse] Should openSUSE review it's Security Policies?
Jos Poortvliet wrote:
They are being reconsidered. Heck, some have been changed already, and
others might. Also, Linus is not always right - some of the things he
complained about were not oS' fault but GNOME Shell (which can't decouple
changing timezones for the clock of a single user vs from changing time
systemwide) and lacking printer drivers (if you don't have the printer
driver you need a root password to install one).

He was certainly right about the Wifi and printer config. Just today, I was at a customer site and had to set up my computer to use their printer. I couldn't have done it as a mere mortal user with openSUSE 12.1. I could as a regular user in Windows.

I have expressed my opinion on WiFi earlier.