Re: [opensuse] Magnify text with openSUSE (OT I need an interested developer)
On Tuesday 27 March 2012 01:24:46 Rajko M. wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:48:43 -0400
Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If anyone is interested or curious wou can find details at:

www.hiddenlake.net/Personal/reader.html

If anyone can supply me with mailing lists where the devs hang out, I
would appreciate it immensely.

If I can recommend somewhat different procedure.

For majority of reading you can take picture of the pages and then read
magnified images. It can actually increase comfort as you don't have to
handle camera, text and computer at the same time, like with live video
camera.

Thanks for your interest Rajko

Yes that is the procedue that I utilized and outlined in the URL that I
posted, using a webcam and Gwenview. Maybe U wasn't clear enough but my
proposal sugggests combining th picture taking and viewing instead of two
sepaarate operations. That could be qyite cumbersome trying to read a book or
newspaper.
Maybe, using digital pocket camera to take page picture and then you
can read images using Gwenview, or some similar application.
They allow magnification and then just can just click to grab image,
move around and read. See [1] for more details.

If you need more amplification you can use some existing screen
magnifier, or you can use magnifier directly, depends on a type of
vision problem.

What do you think about idea?
Is it a problem to take images and then just read?
Is there anything that makes you not comfortable with that method?

It's a very good idea. Please visit my URL again. Now lets combine those steps
and we will have a wonderful useful piece of software

.....< spip the rest for brevity>......

Bob S