Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
On 27/03/12 22:07, Anton Aylward wrote:
Dirk Gently said the following on 03/27/2012 03:29 PM:
lynn wrote:
El 26/03/12 13:36, Anton Aylward escribió:
jdd said the following on 03/26/2012 05:51 AM:

Automount per user isn't that difficult and there are plenty of
example of what Dirk is describing in the books and on-line.
I've always been lucky to have single "/home" servers, but I'd never
presume that to be always the case.

Hi

We seem to have drifted away again. Let's forget the nfs and automount. Forget the LDAP too. Forget I said network or lan. Neither I nor anyone I know are admins.

Let's say I'm working at home, in isolation on my laptop. I change my /home directory to somewhere else. The hardware is 10 years old and I'm using LXDE.

What reasons would there be for my login at the new location to be delayed?
L x