Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
On 27/03/12 14:02, Anton Aylward wrote:
Carlos E. R. said the following on 03/27/2012 07:42 AM:
On 2012-03-27 13:31, Anton Aylward wrote:

I recall that she said she edited /etc/passwd and changed

Here is the original /etc/passwd entry:
lynn:x:1000:100::/home/lynn:/bin/bash

lynn:x:1000:100::/home2/lynn:/bin/bash

Same user.

How does Lynn log in to _other_ machines?

lynn can login locally when she has /home/lynn

lynn can login locally when she has /home2/lynn BUT it takes too long (my main reason for asking if I'm doing something wrong)

When /home is mounted by nfs, /home/lynn is no longer available. FWIW I have a LAN account too via LDAP called lynn2. What I'd like to do is keep my /etc/passwd account available too on that particular client. I assume this is OK to do since nsswitch.conf allows me to do this with ease.

The problem is the delay in logging in, which is a pain.
Thanks,
L x