Re: [opensuse] Arista, Recordmydesktop doesn't worn in openSUSE
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:52:58 +0200
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 15:49, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am still facing the issue with Recordmydesktop and now Arista. Arista
stopped working under openSUSE and I am forced to use Ubuntu to trans-code
videos and create screencasts.

I filed a bug with Arista and there seems to be some missing plugin in
openSUSE. Please have a look at this bug report and suggest what is needed
to be done.

https://github.com/danielgtaylor/arista/issues/134

In addition Recordmydesktop doesn't work on my PC with Nvidia cards. I do
need these to apps in order to work.

I thought this was answered... The bug says that x264enc is not
installed in your openSUSE... and x264 is found in the openSUSE
Packman repository. Have you installed that package from Packman and
tested it?

C.