[opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:51:34 +0200
Le 26/03/2012 11:00, lynn a écrit :

_My_ local home is currently in /home. When I join the lan, local
/home is overwritten by the remote /home by nfs.

can't you mount it elsewhere?

As a workaround, I've given myself another login with my local stuff
in it so I can access it via nfs. Not what I want but well. . .

you can't have *two* homes at the same time, so I don't really understand what you try to do.

or do you want to switch home but keep access to the old one?, that is change home on the fly?

may be mount /home2 (--bind?) on /home, you can still access it directly (not tested, just a guess)

jdd