Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
On 26/03/12 10:31, jdd wrote:
Le 26/03/2012 09:43, lynn a écrit :

your home is mounted nfs for the present tests or only in the future?

_My_ local home is currently in /home. When I join the lan, local /home is overwritten by the remote /home by nfs. I want to keep my local /home e.g. by moving it to /home2

mailman, inn use users with homes not in /home, with no problem.

I think that this must be an LXDE problem since I can login fine with my home under /home2 using KDE.

try loging from a console: at login prompt do "control alt F1" to get a
terminal, log, and look where you are located.

Yeah. Console login works fine. I am in /home2, correct id, getent etc.

graphic login should not mind where is the home.

In this case it seems to:-(

look at permissions, UID, home in passwd file. Are the two home on the
same filesystem? is the filesystem rw?

just guesses

jdd

As a workaround, I've given myself another login with my local stuff in it so I can access it via nfs. Not what I want but well. . .
Thanks for the suggestions,
L x