[opensuse] Strange naming behavior
Recently installed OpenSuse 12.1 64bit.

At the login screen, the "computer name" was "linux-sprk". Not catchy,
but not offensive.

But, when I opened a terminal window, the first line of the terminal
window read " regis3@Scotts-iPhone:~> ; indicating that the name was
"Scotts-iPhone"

I went to Yast-> Network Settings-> Hostname/DNS tab and changed the
Hostname.

I unchecked the box for Change Hostname via DHCP, and everything
changed. The problem is that in order for one of my virtual box
applications to work, I need to have the "Change Hostname via DHCP" box
checked.

When I re-check the "Change Hostname via DHCP" box, the command line
interface returns to regis3@Scotts-iPhone:~>

I checked the DHCP server in the network router, and it is using the
name I assigned "rmdesktop". I looked elsewhere for where the DHCP
server might be using the name "Scotts-Iphone" and cant seem to find it
anywhere.

This naming conflict seems to be at the basis of my problems with the
virtual machine connecting to the internet.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Regis