Re: [opensuse] how to change users home directory
On Sunday 25 March 2012, lynn wrote:
12.1 LXDE
Hi
I want to move a home directory from /home/lynn to /home2/lynn

I used Yast to set the new directory. All is well but now I do not
show up in the ldxe login screen (I have to type my username rather
than click on my icon in the login list) and login takes over 3
minutes.

Moving back to /home/lynn works fine.

I've also tried editing /etc/passwd directly with the same results. I
have emptied my .cache folder and also emptied /tmp. I'm using lxdm
login manager. Permissions are corect on the new folder. Why does the
new login take so long?

Have you renamed or created a new home?

cu,
Rudi