[opensuse] Unable to login via kdm on opensuse 11.4 under virtualbox 4.1.8
Anyone run across problem where kdm consistently reports incorrect
password at login screen, and when logging into console, system does not
require password?

I am running openSuSE 12.1 with Virtualbox 4.1.8 and installed openSuSE
11.4 in a vm. The install goes normally, but after rebooting to the
login screen, I cannot login with any userid, even root. Selecting the
console login allows me to login and does not require password.

I created a vm with openSuSE 12.1 and this works ok, and no issues have
surfaced yet.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Stuart