Re: [opensuse] PC freezes when transferring huge amount of data to USB
On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 00:28 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:05:07AM +0100, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
[ 8< ]
In my case as I said that the problem went away after reboot.

If this issie is completely gone then a bugreport doesn't make much
sense.

Well, you can try is to provoke it by a plug, unplug session.

I had not rebooted the system for days.

If it's more likely to trigger the issue by rebooting, then be this nice
to reboot your system. I know we all don't like to reboot and we like
to keep our system running. But in this case our common goal must be to
get rid of this issue. And it looks like you're currently the only one
willing and able to push it further.

Excuse me for jumping in the middle of a thread.
But i had something simular. I used to do big transfers with rsync from
an USB-disk. During that time (several hours) the system, a DL380G5 was
not responsive any more. Situation went back to normal after the
transfer.
To avoid this (50 virtual machines were running on it), i now do the
transfer since then, via a NFS-connected machine.
No real solution, but it prevents a storm of IRQ's

hw