Re: [opensuse] Thinkpad Edge E520 compatibility? experiences?
Carl Hartung wrote:
Thanks for the helpful reply, Lew. I guess we're looking at continuing
with 11.4 because that is consistent with the laptop that died and
therefore a 'known quantity.' We might revisit that decision based upon
your feedback, though. A 'just works' replacement is kind of hard to
ignore.;-)

12.1 contained support for the WiFi in my E520 and 11.4 didn't, but it could be added with a bit of work. When comparing computers, you should check the type ID, as there are different versions of the E520 with different hardware. I bought my E520 type 1143-3BU last October and am very happy with it.