Re: [opensuse] Milestone 1 openSUSE 12.2 - my comments on it
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:58:02 +0100
BC

I'd also like to try this on a VirtualBox installation as a user on usability and comparison to other OS's, and to also maybe address the issue discussed earlier about communication with developers.
Would it not be more helpful at this early stage to start discussions, and not wait for final releases. The problem at the moment could be that there are no non-technical users trying out Milestones or are going to look at Factory. Should such users be attracted at this early stage? What are the experiences by developers? Is it helpful or is it more of a hindrance? Can non-technical users do the same as regular testers? Are the regular testers at openSUSE developers or technical-users? I think anyone can be a tester, but how can non-technical users be attracted to give feedback on usability etc. at an early stage.

You mention that M#2 should be here this week. I found a roadmap here: http://news.opensuse.org/2012/01/21/opensuse-11-3-eoled-12-2-on-the-way/. Here M#2 should be out on 3rd March - can't find it though. Was there a change of plan, or is there another roadmap?

.oOOo.
.Dreiel.