Re: [opensuse] SAMBA.
On 16/03/12 12:58, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-16 12:44, Anton Aylward wrote:

While I count my self fortunate in that I've always been able to ensure
matching user IDs, I thought there was a tool for remapping ...
nfsmapid(4) or rpc.idmapd and idmapd.conf(5)
Must be new, I don't have those two manuals in my 11.4

http://www.dcache.org/manuals/Book-2.1/config/cf-idmap-fhs.shtml
Doesn't say much :-?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFSv4#ID_mapping
This one only uses:

Nobody-User = nobody
Nobody-Group = nobody

This is, I think, the generic mapping that was always available, no other
user could be remapped.

There's probably more too it and there's probably a need to experiment,
but this isn't a "there isn't a way" suituation.
Perhaps...

Well, there's always winbind. That's good at remapping id's no?. I'd rather keep the same id both client and server side though. rpc.idmapd does it fine for nfs4 and statd for nfs3. /etc/idmapd.conf only maps the user to nobody if it can't find a matching id at the client end. There is oodles of misinformation out there on nfs4:-(
L x