Re: [opensuse] Milestone 1 openSUSE 12.2 - my comments on it - UPDATE RE COLLUSION ADDON FOR FF
On 16/03/12 23:40, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-16-12 01:13]:
For those who may be interested.

Because there is no version 11 of Firefox (nor of Thunderbird) available as
yet for openSUSE 12.1, I downloaded FF (and TB) v11 directly from
Mozilla.org earlier today and installed it.

Then I decided to try to see if Collusion would crash FF.

Nope, Collusion does not crash FF v11.

FF installed from openSUSE crashes with Collusion but FF from Mozilla.org is
not affected by Collusion.

I don't know what to conclude from this.
conclusion: opensuse bug report warranted!

I am not sure that such a report is warranted to bugzilla as it may well be anther "incompatible" add-on with the problem caused at the add-on's end. The other thing is that this add-on is still in its development stage - and it is not all that well known. If other people start reporting the same problem then the case for a message to Bugzilla becomes stronger.

But regarding reporting bugs, one of the very nice features of Mozilla, both Firefox and Thunderbird, is that both automatically generate a bug report when either has a problem and which is sent when you go to restart the application. No need for you to login to the Bugzilla site, go thru all the log-in procedure etc. Mozilla just prepares a report with all the necessary details and sends it back to Mozilla.

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.