Re: [opensuse] Software Manager (YaST2) - a question about its behaviour
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:58:47 +0100
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 02:50:01PM +0100,LLLActive@xxxxxxx wrote:
[ 8< ] superfluous full quote pruned
> Why not "summary" as default?; then 'normal users' do not have to
> use CLI (again) to allow all options.
Check this mail thread. There had been reason to stay with the current
default.

What's a normal user? you, me, who?

I consider the current default ok.

Maybe I did not make my point succinctly enough. The technical solution here is not the point ...

Starting as a young dev engineer in TV broadcasting aeons ago, there was often the comment from the engineer to a colleague, about the video producers and sound techs, "I know how it works best, they get what I can design best". This is mostly the incompetent, but technically genial, engineer that whats to decide what is best for the user. Over the years with the right amount of maturity, this way of 'believing' is forced to change. Users just use something else ... simple. Pity. Sigh.

.oOOo.
Dreiel