Re: [opensuse] Samba allow guest access
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 05:19:35AM -0700, Steven Hess wrote:
Twenty open browser tabs at once and a large bowl of pop corn and the
issue is solved.

Twenty only? And are you keeping the pop corn for you only? tststs

I am still pretty confused smb.conf but no password
is required. Files streamed across the Windows 7 machine to my tablet
as a test perfectly.

Bah, all files from /usr/share/samba/templates/ are empty. Bad. Else
it wouild be easy to get a diff.

Use mc - GNU Midnight Commander a visual shell for Unix-like systems -
to brows into the samba-client RPM from there grab a copy of
/etc/samba/smb.conf and the you're able to diff -u

If you think we're doing something wrong pass the issue to bugzilla in
the wik we've written a dedicated section labeled with 'Samba bug
reporting and advanced debugging information'. See
http://en.openSUSE.org/Samba

"guest ok = Yes" for each share pretty much took care of the only
issue that was stopping it from just working. I had already properly
configured the other two changes needed in smb.conf.

Well, it's very polite to keep these other two secret issues for you. ;)

Look, others migth later run into the same trouble, find this thread and
are faced by issues as well. But the lame dudes of the openSUSE lists
kept this secret well hidden. Come on, make the others and all of us
happy too!

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]