Re: [opensuse] Dual boot ubuntu & opensuse
Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012 schrieb Koenraad Lelong:
Hi,

After reading the threads about grub, I was wondering how I have to
install opensuse on my ubuntu laptop. There is a partition free, but
how about grub ?
What information do I need to be able to make an entry in suse's
menu.lst ? Or can opensuse's installer manage this by itself ?
Then again, do I need to modify my ubuntu to tell it's no longer in
control of grub ?

TIA

Koenraad Lelong

Hello Konrad

The Problem is, that opensuse use grub1 and ubuntu grub2.
This cause that ubuntu will find opensuse as a bootable system, but
opensuse can not handle ubuntu.
But if you want opensuse to manage the systems on your computer, then
you can setup ubuntu manually.

title Ubuntu
kernel (hd0,12)/boot/grub/core.img

This is how the entry in the menu.lst locks

greets
Michael