Re: [opensuse] FYI: Howto disable tracker
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:39:40 -0400
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
As others have written: disable the indexing 'feature'.  I don't get why
it is enabled by default.  But I'm not a GUI developer.

Because everyone "needs" a desktop search tool. That's why when I
work on a windows machine I have to disable/remove Windows Search,
Google Desktop, Roxio's search, Nero's search, etc, before the machine
is usable. My customers are like, WOW! It's fast now...... When I
tell them I removed it, they are like, "yeah, I never used it."

We had this issue with that useless "beagle" years ago & it hasn't had
a stable release in over 3 years.

I can't imagine that more than 5% of users every even use a desktop
search tool much less find it useful on a regular basis. But heaven
forbid it not be included.