Re: [opensuse] Re: Radeon HD 6450
On Mon, Mar 12, ianseeks wrote:

I tried running 12.1 on my old laptop with a Radeon card but it never loaded
to a graphics login, it always bombed out to a text login. My card is old so
i'm not sure if its an issue with Radeon cards or old drivers being dropped.

It all works fine on 11.4

I've given up until 12.2 to see if that works any better.

Proprietary driver works fine for me now (bummer in some ways, but it works)

# zypper ar -f http://geeko.ioda.net/mirror/ati/openSUSE_12.1/ fglrx
# zypper in fglrx64_xpic_SUSE121
# atinconfig --initial
# shutdown -r now

takes a while to download, but the above got me going fine.
You'll probably need 'nomodeset' on the kernel line when
booting in to do the above. After that, you don't need it.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer
michael@xxxxxxxx