Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice 3.5 in 12.1 S-O-L-V-E-D
Basil Chupin píše v Pá 17. 02. 2012 v 10:20 +1100:
On 17/02/12 04:21, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-16-12 00:35]:
(And now, to once again reconfigure the darn thing with all the settings I
had before :-( . Why can't it use the settings already in existence?)

Because you are now using a package *not* configured for your openSUSE
system and it looks for things in different locations.

You could, perhaps, take the settings from ~/.libreoffice/* to where-ever
the non-openSUSE package put's its<user-settings> :^)

First thing I looked at but things have changed in 3.5 and the settings
in .../xdg are not found in earlier (SUSE) version. The simplest thing
to do was to simply copy the files to where 3.5 wants to see them.

The upstream LO packages migrate configuration from ~/.libreoffice/3 to
~/.config/libreoffice/3

The openSUSE packages use different directory ~/.libreoffice/3-suse to
avoid problems with incompatible BerkleyDB and different paths of the
upstream and openSUSE build.

I have already started to work on the 3.5 packages for openSUSE. I need
few more days to get something buildable and useful.

Best Regards,
Petr