Re: [opensuse] Why are iputils missing in OpenSuSE 12.1?
El 11/03/12 10:52, Peter Maffter escribió:
I have installed OpenSuSE 12.1 from the downloadable ISO image (after I bought
OpenSuSE 11.3 and 11.4 and the
11.4 version is not working and 11.3 will soon be phased out :-( ).

Now I set up a network and wanted to ping another machine in the network and
...wait a minute...there is no ping?
There is no iputils?
Why on earth didn't they include that in the normal distribution?

Ping is installed with the base system... looks like something went wrong there..