Re: [opensuse] Amazon Not Available on openSUSE 12.1
On Saturday, March 10, 2012 07:41:30 AM Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 07:35:06AM -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 03/10/2012 02:53 AM, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
Hi,

Until Google Music is available in Europe I purchase music from Amazon.
In order to download the purchased file you need Amazon downloader which
is available for openSuse 11.1 only. How to download or install Amazon
downloader on openSUSE 12.1?

I have complained about this to Amazon, with no success. If you download
individual sons you do not need their crappy code. This of course comes
at a higher price.

I have also tried to get the downloader working on 11.4 in the past but
to no avail. The downloader uses boost and although, I installed the
boot libraries in the versions as provided by 11.1 the darn thing still
didn't work. It got started but then always hung up after downloading 1
song, or in the middle of the first song. My e-mail exchanges with
Amazon support were not very friendly to say the least.

We have some alternatives.

- banshee can handle the amazon store I think in newer banshee versions.
- there is commandline tool called "clamz" for downloading
- I think amarok also gained amazon support recently.

- and if i remember correctly you could just download the mp3s manually

Ciao, Marcus

I have had excellent results with "clamz". It is intended for full album
downloads. I use it pretty much as installed but there are options available
via the command line and a configuration file.

I believe the docs recommended saving a copy of the downloaded file from
Amazon for future need - the original is modified during the download if I
remember correctly.

I just click on the file and the DL starts immediately. For me I can't say I
miss the Amazon downloader.

Thank You Kindly!
Bill Fullam - MISM