Re: [opensuse] ugly login messages
On 07/03/12 14:03, Bernhard Voelker wrote:

On 03/07/2012 01:50 PM, lynn wrote:
12.1, kdm, Kerberos auth.

Hi everyone

We'd like to get rid of this (annoying) popup:
http://db.tt/9mV49vvV

Or, rather we'd like the reminder nearer to the date. Say 4 or fewer
days? Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Thanks,
L x

(4 the archive, it says 'warning your password will expire in 40 days'
owtte)

man 1 passwd
-w warn
With this option the number of days of warning before a password
change is required can be changed. This
option is the number of
days prior to the password expiring that a user will be warned
the password is about to expire.

Have a nice day,
Berny

Hi Berny
Thanks. Does this apply system wide?
e.g. I issue:
passwd -w 4
on the server, does everyone get the 4 day warning?

/etc/pam.d/common-auth
auth required pam_env.so
auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
auth sufficient pam_unix2.so
auth sufficient pam_krb5.so use_first_pass
auth required pam_deny.so

The KDC is Samba4 and the windows clients get a system wide 4 day warning but the Linux clients get a warning every day.
Thanks,
L x