Re: [opensuse] Re: Placing icons on desktop v 12.1

On 03/06/2012 11:26 AM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

On 03/06/2012 09:54 AM, Malcolm wrote:
On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:21:31 -0500
Robert Benjamin<benjie1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/06/2012 07:21 AM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

On 03/05/2012 02:57 PM, Malcolm wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:32:15 -0500
Robert Benjamin<benjie1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Noob here. How do you place icons on the desktop after
installing a program? Gnome and openSuse 12.1 Installed Skype and
can run it but just want to get the icon on the desktop instead
of in the applications bar at the left. Thanks for the help.
Hi
Fire up the gnome-tweak-tool and in there you can select Nautilus
to control the desktop.
Could not find the gnome-tweak-tool. It is installed cause
I checked in install/remove software. So how do I proceed now?
Thanks. Bob
Can I give you any more info about what I did to follow
your instructions or anything else I can do to get icons on the
desktop. Once a program is installed, I can only find it in the
launcher at the left, and can't move the icons to the desktop.
Thanks. Bob
Hi
Start the tweak tool, and activate the slider;
http://paste.opensuse.org/62643567

got the tweak tool, I guess. In advanced settings. Matched things like the page you listed: http://paste.opensuse.org/62643567 Still don't know what the slider is. Sorry. Now what is next? thanks. Bob
Just finished checking previous emails and found one from Lynn re: t-bird icon. She said to use Nautilus and go to /usr/share/applications and rt click the icon u want. Then copy and paste it to the desktop. That works, Thanks for your troubles and patience. If u have the time, please explain what you meant by "slider" in your post. It's a good way to learn. Thank you . Bob