  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:43:23 -0600
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:47:25 +0100
Frans de Boer <frans@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

@David,

You hit the nail on the head...only: your assumption that an average
sales-person can remember the sequence let alone use the "su" command
is flawed.

It is a sarcasm :)
Sales person and long list of commands - it doesn't fit without laugh.

The whole issue is that many users are just that: they use
the system to produce something. They maybe proficient in
video-editing and your not because you know more about the other
things (just an example).
The problem is not Linux, but the technicians building distros with a
technical mind set. Where are the people who care about normal
end-users who use the computer as a tool only.

There is you and bunch of other people including me, that should take
time and be a liaison between computer technicians and computer users.

We as openSUSE have some rudiments of organization that works fine in
some aspects of distribution creation, but still all knots are not
connected and that is exactly where we see mistakes. People not
knowing what other do, nor whom to ask about specific problem, will try
to invent hot water in order to solve issue at hand. How that works we
can see in a few problems that came out with 12.1 and someone that will
take time and list that all will be major contributor to quality of
openSUSE.

--
Regards, Rajko