Re: [opensuse] Commercial office suites for Linux?
C wrote:
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 15:58, Anton Aylward<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
People are using any number of combinations of MS Office and printer
drivers. Anything you create in MSO has a good chance of being borked
in any other random version of MSO. You will find the same level of
oops in LibreOffice.

Which is why, if I want to have control over the presentation of
anything I send out, I use PDF.

Use HybridPDF and you win :-)

Just FYI to anyone unaware of HybridPDFs... this embeds an ODF file in
the PDF. It looks like a regular PDF to anyone who opens it with
Acrobat Reader/Ocular etc, but if you open it with OOo/LibreOffice or
other HybridPDF capable office application, you get the original
embedded ODF file... which you can then edit/save/export as a new
HybridPDF.

This is a fully documented part of the PDF ISO standard.. not some wild extra.

C.
If I'm not mistaken latest versions of LibreOffice allow you to save the .odt as .pdf/.odt document.