Re: [opensuse] Commercial office suites for Linux?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:43:56 +0100
Doug wrote:

On 03/05/2012 01:23 AM, Roger Luedecke wrote:
On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 15:31 -0800, Thomas Taylor wrote:
Frankly, I keep running into too many anomalies in LibreOffice vs.
MS Office. Though I could run Office through Wine, I would rather
have a native solution. I googled it to death, and couldn't seem to
find anything.

Could you be a bit more specific about the anomalies? I haven't run
into
anything major and the minor things could usually be fixed with
changes to
settings or creation of macros.

Certainly minor, but annoying. Worst thing really is inconsistent
behavior. Hard to explain, I should have wrote it down while I was
experiencing it. Trying out Lotus Symphony... and so far I like it.
Still would need LibreOffice for dealing with MS formats, but looks
like Lotus is a strong contender. I think I'll blog about it once I
get used to it more.

Surely you know that OO is probably a descendent, or at least
a very close cousin of Symphony.

The other way around - OO was originally StarOffice, and Lotus Symphony
is now based on OO.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.0°C)