On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 08:37:15AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
Jim Henderson wrote:
Where does one find a description of the different privilege name?

I recall starting with the openSUSE docs, and then going to the policykit
site, and at that time (at least), there wasn't anything that described
what the actual privileges controlled.

The list that you posted were all cups-related, that much I can tell -
and some of them are pretty clear as to what they do, but if they're not
actually in the file how would I know what privileges to add?

Also, is there any documentation as to what the defaults are if the
privilege is not found in the policy file? Again, something I looked for
but couldn't find when I looked.

I guess we're just supposed to be able to guess all this. To put
such restrictions on WiFi and printers, without proper documentation
on how to change them is simply unbelievable.

a) There is no limitation to the WiFi configuration. My plain openSUSE
12.1 x64 with the KDE as included works well at many and very different
configured locations.

I'd like to see statements from lxde and Gnome users too. Please add
the bugzilla IDs to your reply if it fails at the moment.

b) The documentation. Well, if it is missing this has to solved as
Marcus wrote earlier.

And how is an issue like this tracked? Bugzilla. No, I'm not going to
check for the bug ID. It's Sunday evening and I need to cook something.

Someone on the openSUSE team is clearly incompetent.

Please consider to be a bit more productive, positive, and friendly
while communicating to your peers. This is a place where we intend to
collaborate and to discuss and not to get hit below the belt.

And this must clearly be independet of the age, gender, and even the
employer.

Your wording doesn't fit to the general and generic rules of human
cooperation. To me it looks like I have to stress these rules apply to
all statements on openSUSE lists too.

There is simply no excuse for this sort of thing.

You're right. For a wording like yours there is close to no excuse.

Thanks,

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]