Re: [opensuse] ssh connection refused since upgrading to 12.1
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 01:00:47 +0000
Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11.4 I had ssh working perfectly without passwords between my
laptop and my desktop. Since upgrading the desktop to 12.1, ssh from
the laptop to the desktop fails because the remote server's host key
has changed.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[...]
Add correct host key in /home/bob/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this
message.
[...]
Host key verification failed.

I'm not sure which file to copy onto my USB stick and where to put it
(~/.ssh/known_hosts probably, but nothing I've put there so far has
worked).

There must be a simpler way of solving this problem, because most
situations will involve hosts separated by significant distances,
rather than being in the same room.

Any suggestions, please?

Bob

I believe there's another sentence in the error message that you've
trimmed out. It lists the failing key and gives the exact commandline
string to use to delete it from your known_hosts file. Once it's
deleted, you ssh into the system, again, accept the new key and you
should be good to go.