Per Jessen wrote:
I HATE the screensaver - it is a PITA. It belongs to the dark ages,
> and if I cannot disable it I would then be forced to switch over to
> Windows.
In the business/corporate environment, in particular where personal or
otherwise confidential data is being processed, it's an absolute must.

Anyway, it's just a feature that we should set depending on the security
level chosen at installation time.

Back when I was at IBM, we had to use the "screen saver" with password and security would often send someone around to check. To have a bit of fun, I saved an image of my desk top and used it as the screen saver image. ;-)