Dave Howorth wrote:
There's been a huge amount of discussion in this thread about many
different use cases. But I don't think requirements analysis is really
the difficult bit. I think Werner's right.

Does anybody have any concrete suggestion for how the system should
behave? (Or better yet, some code to implement it! :)

(a) What options should there be at install time? (and as a minor
subquestion, what should be the default?)

(b) What facilities should the be as an administrator? (For each
possibility in (a))

What facilities should be available while logged in as a normal user,
within each environment set by (a) and (b)?

Cheers, Dave

Given that notebook computers are intended to be used in different locations, then it should be possible for users, without root password to use local WiFi and printers. If the employer decides that those are not to be permitted, then it should be their choice. This means that the policy should be configurable and I would suggest make the default that those connections are permitted. For openSUSE to simply say you're not allowed to do that without root password is flat out wrong, stupid and arrogant. As I have mentioned before, with the current policy, I would not be able to do the work that I have been hired to do. That's the reality of the situation and it is that bad!

You seem to think Werner is correct. Please justify why I should not be allowed to do my work.