Re: [opensuse] Resize BTRFS
On 3/1/12 8:44 AM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 07:57:04AM -0600, Jim Flanagan wrote:
[ 8< ] a lot of superfluous quote nuked
OK, in reading the btrfs wiki more, resize the filesystem does not
affect the size of the actual partition. Looks like I need to do
that first. Will have to dig out a gparted cd, or perhaps a opensuse
install dvd.

Why not calling cfdisk from inside the running system?

You intend to make the existing partition bigger. I don't see how you
could harm the system by this.

1st save the current partition layout to a file.

Next you open cfdisk as root user and delete the partition you intend to
extend.

3rd you create the new partition with the same starting point but with
the new, bigger size.

Keep in mind this only works if there is free space left behind the
partition you intend to enlarge.

Have I done this myself before? Yes.

Does the system still work? Yes

Nevertehless I suggest to do this first with a virtual machine.

I've never heard of cfdisk before. Will read up on it and give it a try.

thanks,

Jim F