Re: [opensuse] New monitor, no hi-definition
On Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:23 j.e.perry@xxxxxxx wrote:

I bought a new Samsung 23" monitor. It has an HDMI connector, which
doesn't seem to work, and a VGA connector, which does.

<snip>

My 21" ACER doesn't work with the HDMI either on my 11.3 or 10.3 systems.
I'll be
interested to see if you get it working/fixed. So make sure you keep us
informed on the
list please. ;)

First thing is to always make sure you get rid of the nouveau thing and
install (one way
or another - I prefer to download from Nvidia's site and install it that way,
others from
a repository) the NVidia driver. I had to play around with three different ones
before I
got the 290.10 to run on my 11.3 system. Took three or four attempts at
installing it
before it seem to 'take'. That never happened before, but at least it works now
and I can
have that nice 1920x1080.

--
There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The
only man who