Johannes Meixner wrote:
If the use case is "printer setup on my own machine",
I think - but I am not at all a security expert - it should
be an acceptable solution when the normal user's password
and the root password are the same so that from the user's
point of view there is just one password i.e. THE password.

Not in the corporate world. Business employees generally do not get root or admin access to their computers. The whole idea of root vs user is to limit what a user can do. If they have the root password, you've lost that.