  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:13:37 +0100
On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 14:46 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
Jim Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:14:09 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:

I've worked with Linus on a hardware issue years ago, and I think we
should probably at least consider reviewing the policies if they do
need changed.
He should stop asking us to commit suicide first.

Just because he expressed himself poorly doesn't mean he doesn't have a
valid point, Marcus. We shouldn't ignore the point just because it was
poorly expressed.

I think there may be a cultural issue here. If Linus and Marcus worked
for a European company, Linus would be open to a disiplinary offence of
harrassment.

Luckily for Linus such things never happen in the far less bureaucratic
US (where he is working) ;)

Marcus didn't ignore Linus' point. He simply asked to be treated with
respect.

Although they say you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar,
you collect even more with s**t. Hard to predict what gets any task
done.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST