Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Do you mean in YaST where you say you want it to be managed by ifup or
by the user? Isn't that selectable when the OS in initially installed?
If the installer person selects that it is to be controlled by the user,
then that is that.

The KDE network manager requires root password to configure a WiFi conntection. This means that when I try to use a new WiFi access point, I have to create the connection with the root password. On my own computer, this is not an issue, as I know the root password. In a corporate environment, it's a killer.