  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 12:24:31 +0100
On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 21:53 -0500, James Knott wrote:
jdd wrote:
did somebody yet notice that default install is with root passwd
identical to user passwd?

sure I never let this go through, but this solve definitively the problem

jdd

How does it solve the problem if an employer doesn't want to give
employees root access, but expects them you be able to use WiFi?

Hmm. I use WiFi in three offices, hotels, home, and wherever. On KDE I
set it up via network manager. I am never root for that. Same with wired
connections. I think the problem is that network manager seems to have
gone through a bad stretch where it could, in some updates, stop
working. That, for wifi on openSUSE, is the issue. I do not know if the
gnome equivalent has had such a seemingly turbulent recent history.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20