  • From: Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:27:12 -0800

On 2012-03-01 00:23, jdd wrote:
did somebody yet notice that default install is with root passwd identical
to user passwd?

sure I never let this go through, but this solve definitively the problem

Nope, that's the user that did the system setup and he is also the root,
with same password or different. He will not give the root password to the
rest of users. It is those users who have problems.

And is no different in Windows, by the way.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

               Carlos E. R.
               (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

This is easily configured the traditional way during set up.
My single user system has user and root passwords.