Re: [opensuse] Error after updating libGLEW (for Clementine)
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 17:02:40 -0600

More especifically the error from command-line is:

clementine

clementine: symbol lookup error: clementine: undefined symbol:
__glewTexParameteri

Note in italian we say Parametri and not *Parameteri* if this could be
important.

What you see is the symbol that translates to address in a memeory, and that
is not translated in other languages. It is coincidence that it looks like
Italian with typo. Broken down like below looks like English:
__glew Tex Parameter i

Error mesage tells that clementine expects to find __glewTexParameteri, which
new library doesn't provide. There are few reasons how that can happen:
* depreciated symbol that was removed from newer version; usually it is well
in advance announced to other developers that some symbol will be removed
* library is compiled with some option that disables creation of symbol
* bug

First what I would do is to try to find is there newer version of clementine
that is compiled with new version of libGLEW .

Cheers,
--
Regards, Rajko